Saturday, July 12, 2014

Part 5- Justin



Ok so Justin's point of view now.  He's just this guy whose fallen for a girl, who just so happens to have a "deformed" brother. And he's totally cool with it.  This guy is a KEEPER. Kids their age are not always as accepting as Justin is of Auggie. He even steps in and does some protecting of Jack to make sure that the little twerps will leave them alone. He's awesome. He gets it. He realizes they've been through a lot as a family, but sees just how lucky they are. Justin sort of tells us that even if a situation looks a little muddy, there always is a silver lining.

Justin did drive me nuts with his poor grammar. Really though, I had to restrain myself from correcting the book with my pen.

Since it drove me so nuts, I had to do some research and find out why exactly R. J. Palacio would write it like this and I found a great site for FAQ's about the book. Her answer explains his character so well. Click on the link below to see what she says.

http://rjpalacio.tumblr.com/

I like Justin because he seems like the kind of kid who just has their head on straight.  He's happy with Olivia, and grateful for what he has.  He's also got some good taste in music.  I listened to some Zydeco music and it reminds me of Auggie interestingly enough. Sounds kind of rough on the outside, but the more you listen to it the more you realize how beautiful it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment